Thursday, December 24, 2009

Peace at Christmas


This week, I’ve officially declared myself to be on Christmas vacation. I think I’m well deserving of it! I’m pretty much burnt out from sewing several handbags (Sorry, I can’t mention show them in case I ruin the surprise for the recipients. But trust me, they’re super cute!) and a few other handmade gift goodies and decorations…and prepping for a dinner party this past Sunday that have kept me up until the wee hours of the night. The lack of sleep was a small price to pay to make sure that those packages were sent in time before the PO’s shipping deadline. I put so much effort into those gifts and I’d be damned if they didn’t reach their destination in time for Christmas!



Wes would have been disappointed if I didn’t make homemade stockings. (What you thought I could just sew handbags?!) Apparently, he’s just too good for store bought ones! Looks like I was a good girl this year since mine is extra heavy for its hook!


Paper garland, one of my many mini projects. 

Now that the rush is over, I can enjoy some peace without feeling guilty. And it feels so good! The last couple of days I’ve been catching up on sleep, watching cheesy ABC family Christmas movies and reruns of Greek (my new fave show to keep me occupied until Drop Dead Diva and Glee are back) and eating all the baked treats dropped off by my neighbors. Life is good! Oh, and Wes and I are heading to Flagstaff for our Christmas getaway. We weren’t able to fly to Hawaii or Indiana this year to spend time with either of our families, so we’re starting our own tradition of snowboarding on Christmas Day.

I should be well rested and itching to get started when I return from my mini vacation. I’m excited for all the new things that S&S will be featuring. Hopefully, Shar and I can introduce The Traveler on our Etsy site soon. I know I few ladies out there who are waiting for them! We may even take a poll on what fabrics you all like best. There are just so many lovely ones out there we’re having a hard time deciding. Shar and I tried weeding them out ourselves, but we likened it to choosing which one of our children were our favorite (not that either of us have children, but it was just so dang hard to decide!). Your input would be much welcome!

For now, let’s just all enjoy the Christmas holiday . . . and survive the long stretch into the New Year. Here’s hoping that your days are merry and bright!

Cheers,
Sherryl & Shar

No comments: