Friday, January 8, 2010

Temporary Insecurities


Every now and then my confidence wobbles. Am I good enough? Can I really make a name for myself? Do I have the energy? Is this all just wishful thinking? It’s an everyday battle to remind myself that I can do this, that I have the opportunity of a lifetime to make something out of this little company. I stumbled upon this quote this morning. I hope it shines a little light on your own small battles. I think I’ll post it on my bulletin board.
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?"
–Marianne Williamson
And then, I rock out to Beyonce . . . she’s always a pick me up.