Friday, October 9, 2009

I want to stop, but...

I’m taking a break.  I started another tote in hopes of finishing it before my trip to San Jose.  This one strays from the original pattern in that it doesn't have metal rings and it's reversible.  I want to be able to show it off to Shar.  I’m confident it will be finished in time, but am I so ambitious as to finish it tonight?  I’ve never completed a tote in one day before and it would be a celebratory first.  But who would be here to give me a high five?  (Wes is in San Diego for the weekend and my roomy won’t be home until midnight.)  Enjoying a job well done alone isn’t any fun.  It’s so much better when someone is here to showoff my handiwork.  Anyway, I feel the strong tug of procrastination beckoning.  I haven’t eaten dinner yet or watched TV in six hours and the guilt of not popping in my yoga DVD is weighing heavy.  I know what I have to do…it’s the productive thing.  The night’s not over yet though.  There are a myriad of things that can distract me.  The question is, am I strong enough on a Friday night not to let them lure me away from my goal.

No comments: