Wednesday, October 14, 2009

San Jose Bound


Here I go again, off on another trip.  This time I’ll be visiting my two favorite girls: my best friend Shar and my fave cousin Yvonne.  Shar and I will go fabric hunting San Francisco.  It’ll be our first business excursion together as bona-fide designers.  The last time she went shopping for fabrics, she found herself driving around in circles and even wound up in the ghetto at one point.  This time should be different.  We’ll have her boyfriend, Tony, as a bodyguard, my cousin Yvonne as textile connoisseur and me as the excellent navigator.  All should be well.  Hopefully I’ll come back with tons of luscious fabrics to boost our collection.  Cross your fingers that we discover some real gems!   

Before I head out though, I’m still working on one more bag to bring with me to show Shar.  All the pieces are cut and they just need assembly.  Please, OH PLEASE, let me finish in time.  I still have a bunch of other things to do: finish packing, do a mani/pedi, cook dinner, drop by Goodwill and try to squeeze in making a makeup brush holder.  Oh yeah, and my shuttle to the airport leaves at 3:50 a.m.  Lord help me!

No comments: