Monday, July 20, 2009

In the beginning

For posterity's sake (and so that Shar and I can look back upon our rookie moments and laugh), I'm going to chronicle our adventures in sewing our handbags.  With a dwindling bank account from getting this company started, it only made sense for me to give it a shot instead of hiring a seamstress.  Aaaand I have loads of time on my hands since my hubby and I moved to Arizona from Hawaii.  No job = Lots of time to sew! Project 1: tote bag.  It's much harder than I thought!  I've made many mistakes along the way . . . not using the proper fabric for lining, burning the fabric on the iron, skipping steps (though, very easy to do when the pattern doesn't come with instructions!) and the countless times I stabbed myself with the pins (when do the calluses set in?!).  I've learned from my mistakes though.  Half the fun is the journey right?  I know I'll get faster the next time.  With the first tote 95% done, I'm getting a rush of excitement just thinking about the next bag. Hmm . . . the one with the round handles or the one I saw on TV last night?  Yep, this looks like a promising beginning . . . 

No comments: