Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Ode to Sewing

Courtesy of Crafty Chica’s Guide to Artful Sewing.  Every little bit helps!!!  I sang this with Beyonce’s If I were a Boy.  Yes, I know I’m a dork, but if you had the day that I did yesterday, you would appreciate this bit of silliness.  By the way, a very special thank you to my husband for wiping away my tears and drippy nose.

Oh great craft maker in the sky
Please, oh please!
Surround my workspace with good vibes, patience and creativity.

Guard these delicate fingertips from pinpricks and savage snips,
Whether by thimbles of steel or old-school divine intervention.
I don’t care, I just need hardcore protection!

Structured or freeform,
Let my needle sew straight and sturdy for stitches big and small.
And allow my scissors to fly through fabric upon my call.

Sure, I can handle ripping a seam, or even losing my pincushion.
But you know where I really need the lucky charms?
Bobbins, patterns and tension!

Silk, cotton, plastic, oilcloth.
Scarves, purses, journals, jackets.
I’m smart, savvy-and soon I’ll be a superstar stitcher.
Just keep it cool and I’ll follow through!

This will help me get through the days until the upcoming launch and prevent me from throttling my stubborn sewing machine against the stone wall (yes, the very same one that I used for my shipping experiment).  I just need to stay focused and keep up the positive juju…and sing every other hour!

Since everyone has been very patient (and kind for listening to me vent) you deserve a little glance at our final products. 



Sneak peek of The Diva, The Student and The Shoe Addict

No comments: