Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Student

I love this bag!  You know why?  Because it was the easiest one to make!  Not only that, but this sucker is strong!  I was curious to know how many books it could hold (after all, it is meant for the student, library geek (that’s totally me!) or just the average bookstore junky (that’s Shar!)), so I shoved as many books inside of it as it could possibly handle. 


Filled to maximum capacity!  Well, not totally.  You could still cram a few more if you don't mind them sticking out.


Seven . . . not bad.  That’s like, what, 3 college textbooks?  According to my honey (I don’t have a scale at home, so I figured he would be a good reference mechanism since he lifts weights), they weighed 25 pounds.  Though, I wouldn't want to be carrying that load all over campus, especially if I was gone the whole day.  I might as well invest in one of those roller backpacks like my cousin Trish is contemplating on getting.  (So uncool!  But hey, whatever floats her boat!  HA!!! Just kidding cuz!)  I forgot to include a pocket on the sample, but that’s easy to include in the final one. 



I know, funky colors again!  Thank goodness they're samples! 

So, four down and one more sample to go.  It’s called The Shopaholic.  The fabric for the final is just too cute and so very appropriate for its purpose.  Here's a hint: fruits.  You get it??? 

No comments: