Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Shopaholic

The plastic bag reincarnated . . . only this time, it’s green! Something that us chicas try to incorporate into our daily lives.  I’m very pleased with the sample and it’s definitely one of my favorites.  I wish I could say that I didn’t have my head scratching moments (1 1/4 + 1 7/8 = STL needs to take a remedial arithmetic course.  I friggin’ hate fractions!) or cursed every time I stabbed myself with the millions of pins keeping the fabric in place (You would think I would be more careful by now.  Seriously, it was like sticking my hand into a gator’s mouth.) or . . . well, you get the picture.  It wasn’t easy!  I did learn how to make a French seam though.  In the end, this is what I’ve known all along: the projects that make your brain go into overdrive (that really want to make you pull your hair out) and make you think outside the box are the ones that you appreciate the most.  You want a little peek into my thought processing?  Scenario: I sent an email to Shar, trying to figure out how to give the The Shopaholic that extra zing.



Of course I had to sensor the competition!  Don’t bother asking who it is.  I’ll never tell!


Every now and then all I have to do is send Shar an email and ramble my way out of things.  It never fails that she always helps me, whether she’s physically there or not.  Drum roll please . . . . 



Tada!  So practical right!


Hurray!!!  All the Samples are complete!  Well, almost.  I just need to do a revise of The Shoe Addict, but that’ll be quick work.  Next on our plates, admin stuff: packaging, shipping, labels, hang tags.  Hmm, I know there’s more to do.  It’s all coming together!  SOON . . . very, very soon!  

No comments: