Tuesday, November 17, 2009

One of Them Days

YESTERDAY:
I was SO excited! I even woke up before my alarm went off. It was a Monday, the first day to start sewing our actual products. To mark the day, I got all dressed up and did my hair and makeup.  “Look good, feel good” is my mantra. (It really does work!) And the whole time I’m dancing to Beyonce and Mariah Carey tunes to keep my energy flowing. I was convinced it was going to be a good day, the butterflies in my tummy made me believe it would be. I had a yummy breakfast . . . and that’s where the goodness ended. The rest of the day was filled with one frustration after another. I was repairing something, hunting something down or discovering I had done something wrong. Seriously, that’s what it was like and I was about to have a melt down.  I didn’t feel productive at all. I won’t go into details or else you’ll really think I’m a crybaby or make you wonder why I’m making handbags at all. The latter went through my mind for just a whisper of a moment, but I immediately squashed that thought. It wasn’t healthy thinking and I AM NOT A QUITTER!!! Though at 10:30 in the evening, with my fifth attempt at something, I decided to call it a day. Thank goodness there is a tomorrow. Moral of the story: Give it your best, but know when to rest.

TODAY:
. . . is another day and an opportunity to keep building our empire. I’m still optimistic.


Quote from Crafty Chica’s Guide to Artful Sewing:
“There are three little words that I love to say.  I use them when a friend points at something new that I am holding or wearing.  I smile, my chin juts out just a couple of milli-leters, my chest puffs the tiniest bit, my answer has just a trace of pride, and I say my favorite three words . . .”I made it.”  -Amy from Sydney, Australia

I know exactly how she feels.  That is what keeps me going.  That and the fact that I have an amazing business partner (she's only a call, text, chat, vchat, email or FB away and is ALWAYS there!) to encourage me every step of the way.  Having a Partner In Crime makes everything worthwhile.  We knew it wouldn’t be easy setting up shop for Sherryl and Shar, but thank goodness we have each other to lean on.  

No comments: